Fana Church is located in Fanahammeren in the borough of Fana in Bergen, Norway. The existing stone building celebrated 850 years anniversary in 2003, but the church building history is long and complicated. Historians assert that the church has been rebuilt and enlarged several times.
Tekst by Wikipedia
Fana Church was mentioned in writings for the first time in 1228, when Pope Gregory IX released a conscription to the vicar and brothers at "the holy cross church and hospital in Fana". In the letter, it is mentioned that the bishops in Bergen had let the church be founded again: "de novo fundari". Parts of the existing church building are from the Romance époque, and the walls show signs of there having been a stone building at the site, most likely a church, before 1220. Due to this, it is believed that the core of the church was built in the second half of the 12th century.